Position Recognition System
The AdaptiCS Smart Arm is the ultimate position recognition system. Smart arms are able to guide the operator in programmable torque patterns as well as count fasteners required for correct assembly.
AdaptiCS Smart Arms error-proof your assembly process by enabling the torque tool to operate only when it is at the correct location, sequence step (optional), and that the appropriate torque program is used at each location.
These systems are very precise and can be changed in minutes with no special software. It is able to integrate with plant manufacturing execution software or allow for custom programming.
- Encoded torque tool tip positioning
- Precision accuracy achieved by proprietary calibration
- Bi-directional arm articulation tracking
- Open custom programming by end user via AdaptiCS
- Controlled joint calibration
- Consistent, inconsistent, and moving parts capabilities
- Process linking to support and force process workflow
- Multiple rework strategies to fit customer requirements
- Full torque/angle results display
- User-friendly, intuitive setup and programming
- Error proof for the operator
- 24 VDC I/O options available for fixture positioning and control
- Configurable security
- Flexibility to integrate into any line control (PLC, MES, or other)
- AdaptiCS enterprise for full line control, interlocks, and data collection
- Batch count control for entire station
- Tool-manufacturer independent (ethernet open protocol)
- Other offerings available upon request
- Supports picture display
- PDF work-instruction display
- Multiple part locate strategies [part-location? part-locator?]
- Fully programmable dynamic work-process display
- Infinite part program capability
Talk with one our custom material handling engineers to learn more about this dynamic system.